Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Be: Present Simple

A. Put full forms of be in the gaps.
  • am a student from Brazil.
  • My parents are not  rich.
  1. My father is a teacher.
  2. My mother isn't (not) Brazilian.
  3. She is from America.
  4. I am 12 years old.
  5. My little brother is two.
  6. My older brothers are not (not) students.
  7. They are in the army.
  8. It is often very hot in Brazil.
B. Put the following words in the gaps.
He’s   She’s   They’re   It’s (x2)   are   is   We   isn’t
  • My parents live in Scotland. They’re teachers.
  1. New York is in England. It's in America.
  2. Paul isn't from Germany. He's German.
  3. My sister is a doctor. She's thirty years old.
  4. It's six o’clock! We are late.
  5. Look at the time! Chris and Mary are late.
C. Write questions by putting the words in brackets () in the correct order.
  •  (thirst – you – are)                   Are you thirsty?
  1. (a teacher – you – are)             Are you a teacher?
  2. (they – bored -are)                   Are they bored?
  3. (is – afraid – he)                        Is he afraid?
  4. (she – tired – is)                         Is she tired?
  5. (are – you – how)                       How are you?
  6. (cold today – it -is)                    Is it cold today?
  7. (she – Spanish – is)                   Is she Spanish?
  8. (they – from London – are)     Are they from London?
D. Write questions using the words in brackets () and a form of be.  
QUESTIONS                                                                            ANSWERS 
  • Are you Spanish?                                                               – No, I’m Armenian.
  1. Are you hungry?                                                                – No, I’m thirsty.
  2. Is she your sister ?                                                            – No, she’s my mother.
  3. Am I late ?                                                                             – No, you’re on time.
  4. Are they from America ?                                                     – No, they’re from Canada.
  5. Is he a tennis player ?                                                       – No, he’s a footballer.
  6. Are you happy ?                                                                      – No, I’m sad.
  7. Is she at home ?                                                                 – No, she’s at work.
  8. Is he twenty ?                                                                       – No, he’s eighteen years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment